Saturday

My LTTE To Time Magazine Re Being In The Tank For The Democrats.

I just sent my first Letter to the Editor (LTTE) to Time Magazine after reading their cover story about what ails Las Vegas. Text is below:


Subject: My first LTTE to Time from a 35 year plus subscriber/reader.

When Barney Frank and President Obama both lectured corporate America not to waste money on travel to Las Vegas the effects were immediate, long lasting and devastating. Hundreds of thousands of room nights were cancelled, millions more were probably not booked and thousands of people lost their jobs as a direct result of their ill advised remarks. The Democrat controlled federal government has done great damage to the Las Vegas economy. Ask anyone who sells hotel rooms for a living and they will let you know how much the talking down of the hospitality industry has hurt their business. In fear of embarrassment or incurring the disapproval of the Obama administration, corporations that had booked travel cancelled their trips even though their forfeited deposits on rooms, banquets, airfares etc just about equaled the amount of money they would have spent if they went to Vegas. Who lost out? The workers who would have cleaned the rooms, served the food, gotten the tips and kept their jobs.

Yet,
Time does a cover story, 8 full pages and 4,000 plus words and Joel Stein does not write a single sentence about what devastation Frank and Obama caused. I enjoy Stein, I even stomached his entire placenta eating article. Someone this aware simply must have chosen to ignore this administration's negative impact on this city.

Come on guys, at least give us the impression you are not totally in the tank for the Democrat agenda.

I'm 51, I've been a subscriber and reader since I was 14. I've long accepted Time's take on either side of an issue. Time's opinion is part of the reason I will continue to subscribe, probably till death do us part. But this omission of fact is so blatant and egregious, that it has caused me to write my first LTTE to Time.

2 comments:

neilc221 said...

Interesting point Mr. D.
I wonder if they listen to the outside world.

Anonymous said...

JD nice rebuttal. Neil - I think they listen, they just choose to ignore............